Training, Certification & Career

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

HPE6-A44 v. HPE6-A71

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  HPE6-A44 v. HPE6-A71

Posted Jun 05, 2019 11:15 AM

Hi,

I have booked "HPE6-A44 - Scalable WLAN Design and Implementation (SWDI) 8" exam some time ago for end of September, but can see that since few days ago (I noticed it only today) the only exam that can be booked via Pearson VUE is "HPE6-A71 - Scalable WLAN Design and Implementation (SWDI) 8.4".

My questions are:

1. Will I be able to take older version in 3.5 months’ time?
    2. What is difference in curriculum between two versions?
    3. Will I be able to convert A44 into A71, if I want to?
    4. If 3., when is learning material for A71 going to be available?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: HPE6-A44 v. HPE6-A71

Posted Jun 05, 2019 02:17 PM

You cannot take the HPE6-A44 exam anymore. I had mine scheduled for tomorrow (6 June 2019) and it was just auto-canceled... you can't even register for it through PearsonVUE. 

The cert page still shows HPE6-A44 as the required exam, so it looks like Aruba is just slow to update (although, why would they cancel exams before announcing it?) 

Hope this helped.

• 3.  RE: HPE6-A44 v. HPE6-A71

Posted Jun 05, 2019 06:12 PM

Thanks Billy,

They, Pearson, just cancelled mine as well. And not only that, they cancelled my ACCP (HPE6-A15) one as well (should've done it in few weeks time)!

Not sure what is happening, but it is not cool for sure (I just bought and got delivered HPE6-A44 Official Certification Study Guide). Will get in touch with Aruba Training to see about returning the book.

• 4.  RE: HPE6-A44 v. HPE6-A71

Posted Jun 07, 2019 03:35 AM

Aruba Training just came back with this email, clearly explaining what has happened and giving option to take older version until November 1st. Nice move.

Hello Pearson VUE exam candidate,

Please review the below urgent message from Aruba Education Services regarding your recent Aruba exam cancellation. 

On June 3rd, 2019 the latest versions of the ACMA, ACMP, ACCA, and ACCP certification exams were made available at Pearson VUE. In the effort of keeping the content and the exams as up to date as possible, there was an error in setting the transition period at Pearson VUE for the previous version exams. We understand that you were alerted by Pearson VUE that your appointment was canceled and you were instructed to reschedule for the updated exam. 

We are working with Pearson VUE to reactivate these exams immediately so that you can complete the certification as planned. The exams will be available until November 1st, 2019. You have the option of rescheduling the original exam or the updated version. While we cannot reinstate your canceled appointment, rest assured you will receive a full refund from Pearson VUE. If you paid with credit card the refund will be automatically made back to the same card, and if you paid with voucher you can use the same voucher code to reschedule your exam.

Summary of exams effected, and changes between the versions:

• The replacement exams for ACMA/ACMP have been updated with screenshots aligning with 8.4 software.
    • The replacement exams for ACCA/ACCP have been updated to reflect ClearPass 6.7

Exam Code & Certification Prior to June 3rd

Replaced by Exam Code & Certification on June 3rd

HPE6-A07 Aruba Certified ClearPass Associate 6.5

HPE6-A67  Aruba Certified ClearPass Associate 6.7

HPE6-A15 Aruba Certified Clearpass Professional 6.5

HPE6-A68 Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional 6.7

HPE6-A42 Aruba Certified Mobility Associate 8

HPE6-A70  Aruba Certified Mobility Associate 8.4

HPE6-A44 Aruba Certified Mobility Professional 8

HPE6-A71  Aruba Certified Mobility Professional 8.4

• 5.  RE: HPE6-A44 v. HPE6-A71

Posted Jun 23, 2019 02:53 PM

Hello, 

What about how Just passed HPE6-a42 from month ? 

Best Regards 

Emad 

Network  Engineer 

ACMA

• 6.  RE: HPE6-A44 v. HPE6-A71

Posted Jun 23, 2019 03:54 PM

Hi Emad,

Not sure what is the solution for this case. Best thing to drop an email to arubatraining@hpe.com and explain your situation. Hope it helps.

• 7.  RE: HPE6-A44 v. HPE6-A71

Posted Sep 11, 2019 01:16 PM

It looks both the exams have been removed from Pearson Vue.

Unable to book the exam

• 8.  RE: HPE6-A44 v. HPE6-A71

Posted Sep 11, 2019 02:00 PM

I don't know, but I just rescheduled HPE6-A71 from end of September to late October, and can see it in the list on Pearson website.