Aruba Apps

last person joined: 2 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Utilities v95 now on the Google Play Store

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba Utilities v95 now on the Google Play Store

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 12, 2015 06:06 PM

The main changes are the channel-use view that adds more context to the Handover Tab (and the different views on that Tab can be expanded/contracted to suit), and some information on Bluetooth Advertisers and iBeacons.

2015-05-07-Nexus9_HandoverTab_unfiltered.png

Release notes (over the last public release):

- a new look, with a new channel-use view and brighter colours

- new Aruba OUI 04:BD:88 & (older) 40:E3:D6
    - made views on handover tab zoomable and removed horizontal scroll
    - changed menu order to make “help” option more visible
    - added channel use view to Handover Tab
    - brighter colours and green legend on Handover Tab
    - removed automatic help screen on first swipe to new tab
    - added Bluetooth Advertiser / iBeacon beacon-hunting tab

• 2.  RE: Aruba Utilities v95 now on the Google Play Store

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2015 06:15 AM

hi Peter

thanks for the update, the new handover panel look and feel is much better, indeed it also solves a bug i had with my S6 in landscape orientation. A couple of feature requests for you if I may :)

As a non tablet user, real estate is at a premium on the screen - is it possible to have a set of options to enable/disable which graphs/sections are displayed on the handover screen. I see the sections can be resized, but it would be nice to have control over being able to have just 2 non adjacent graphs occupying the whole screen.

The other request concerns the BSSID text at the bottom of the screen, in particular when using the app in portrait orientation. Would it be possible to support (via pinch or a setting) the ability to reduce the font size to get rid of line wrapping and/or to see more at once? 

thanks

-jeff

• 3.  RE: Aruba Utilities v95 now on the Google Play Store

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2015 08:09 PM

Hi Jeff, all good suggestions.  I'm always thinking about improvements to the UI, and I've considered some sort of layout widget where you could choose which panels, and maybe where they go (more useful for tablets).  I think this would be more versatile than what we have now.  It's just a question of getting down to coding some alternatives to see how they work.

I can certainly change the font for the BSSIDs, it's figuring out a nice configuration UI, I haven't cracked that yet.

Thank you for these suggestions, 

Peter