Wireless Access

last person joined: an hour ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Lab Gear for Studying

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Lab Gear for Studying

    Posted Jan 20, 2017 10:35 AM

    I found an Aruba 620-US controller on ebay with 4 AP 105's.  However not sure if the controller has a license on it. 

    1- Can I purchase license as an individual and how much something like that would cost?

    2- Looks like 620-US supports upto 6.4OS so that should be good for studying ACMA right?


    Thank you.

  • 2.  RE: Lab Gear for Studying
    Best Answer

    Posted Jan 20, 2017 01:06 PM

    Are you partnered with Aruba? if so you should be able to get an Eval license, or purchase an NFR at a discount. If you are not a partner you would need to contact a partner to purchase a license. You'd probably only need license for 1-2 access points, so it shouldn't cost too much.


    The controller should be fine for studying. You can do the majority. Just make sure to read some product guides and verified reference design guides as well.

  • 3.  RE: Lab Gear for Studying

    Posted Jan 20, 2017 01:13 PM

    Thank you.  No I am not partnered so I'll have to get it myself.  Is there a part number I can use to look up may be on CDW's website?

  • 4.  RE: Lab Gear for Studying

    Posted Jan 20, 2017 01:27 PM

    You will need the AP and PEF license at the minimum.





    Additionlaly if you want to play around with any of the IDS/IPS settings you will also need RF Protect



    However these are the old Aruba part numbers, not sure if they match up to the HPE equivilant.


    You will need one of each license for each AP you want to have active simultaniously on your controller.