Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Standby Publisher Activation

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Standby Publisher Activation

Posted Jan 20, 2016 11:54 AM

We implemented the ClearPass VA-5K and thinking about failover, we installed another VA-5K to be the standby publisher. All is well but if we try to activate the standby publisher, it fails saying we need to use a different subscription ID. What is protocol on setting up the failover? Currently, the License Summary shows 10,000 for our total count, shouldn't it be 5000 if we're using it as a failover and don't need more than 5,000 devices? What am I missing here?

• 2.  RE: Standby Publisher Activation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2016 11:58 AM

Did you activate the server using the same subscription ID?

ClearPass is designed to run authentication as active/active, so you have capacity for 10k auths. Publisher functionality is active/standby.

• 3.  RE: Standby Publisher Activation

Posted Jan 20, 2016 12:22 PM

I used the same subscription ID to download updates to the subscriber but it won't let me activate the server. It says You have 61 day(s) to activate the product and when I hit "Activate Now" and attempt to activate online, it gives me this error:

"This license key is already in use by another instance of the product"

We're looking for the active/standby functionality.

• 4.  RE: Standby Publisher Activation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2016 12:25 PM
    Did you use a different product key though? You should have activated the second product key against your subscription ID.

• 5.  RE: Standby Publisher Activation

Posted Jan 20, 2016 12:51 PM

No we hadn't. Got the new key and everything is working properly, thanks!