Wired

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

LACP between Aruba MAS and Aruba 7210

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  LACP between Aruba MAS and Aruba 7210

Posted Dec 22, 2015 01:28 PM

I must be missing something in my configuration. 

I am trying to setup LACP between my backup controller and my Aruba switch stack. This will run over ethernet via the 1st and 2nd port (0/0/0 and 0/0/1) to ports on my switch stack (2/0/43 and 6/0/47)

Whenever I setup the Port Channel/LACP on the controller I lose access to the controller. (Even when I add the ethernet ports on the switch to an LACP profile)

The configuration on the controller looks like this:

interface port-channel 1
    trusted
    trusted vlan 1-4094
    switchport mode trunk
    no spanning-tree

interface gigabitethernet 0/0/0 description "LACP to Switch Stack" trusted trusted vlan 1-4094 lacp group 1 mode active interface gigabitethernet 0/0/1 description "LACP to Switch Stack" trusted trusted vlan 1-4094 lacp group 1 mode active

On the Aruba Switch stack it looks like this:

interface-profile lacp-profile "LACP_ToBackupController"
    group-id 3
    mode active

interface gigabitethernet "2/0/43" description "LACP to BackupController" lldp-profile "lldp-factory-initial" lacp-profile "LACP_ToBackupController" interface gigabitethernet "6/0/47" description "LACP to BackupController" lldp-profile "lldp-factory-initial" lacp-profile "LACP_ToBackupController"

What am I overlooking? 

• 2.  RE: LACP between Aruba MAS and Aruba 7210

Posted Dec 22, 2015 01:52 PM
    What VLANs do you need to truck back to the controller including the management VLAN ?

• 3.  RE: LACP between Aruba MAS and Aruba 7210

Posted Dec 22, 2015 01:54 PM

All Vlans Ideally, including Management yes. 

The switch stack only contains Vlans used for user traffic. 

• 4.  RE: LACP between Aruba MAS and Aruba 7210

Posted Dec 22, 2015 02:00 PM

You need to configure it this way on both sides:
    Trusted
    Trusted VLAN <VLANs that you need>
    Switchport trunk allowed VLAN <VLANs that you need>
    switchport trunk native VLAN <Controller Mgmt VLAN>

• 5.  RE: LACP between Aruba MAS and Aruba 7210

Posted Dec 22, 2015 03:35 PM

On the Aruba MAS you have to set trunking/vlan access via switching profile, however, in a LACP you cannot assign a switching profile to the port. How can I set the port to trust vlans? I don't see the option within the lacp group. 

• 6.  RE: LACP between Aruba MAS and Aruba 7210
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 22, 2015 03:50 PM
    Apply the switching profile under the port-channel
    interface port-channel "2"
    switching-profile "trunk-profile"

• 7.  RE: LACP between Aruba MAS and Aruba 7210

Posted Dec 22, 2015 04:38 PM

Of course. I bet this is exactly it. Profile within Profile isn't something that comes to my mind first. I bet this will make it work.