Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Should I take ClearPass Essentials?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Should I take ClearPass Essentials?

Posted Oct 22, 2015 06:25 AM

Hi All,

As the ACCX cert has been released, I (of course) want to work torwards it.. I've not done any official CPPM training but have had some unofficial training from Aruba and 20+ CPPM installs under my belt.

I want to get the ACCP certification prior to going for the ACCX and was wondering if it's worth me doing the ClearPass Essentials course first?

I'm thinking I might just try the ACCP exam...

Cheers

James

• 2.  RE: Should I take ClearPass Essentials?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2015 02:30 PM

It really depends on what your installs were like. The ACCP and ACCX exam covers more than just install and AAA so knowledge in OnBoard, OnGuard, Guest, and other aspects are covered in both.

• 3.  RE: Should I take ClearPass Essentials?

Posted Oct 23, 2015 05:01 AM

Hi Seth,

The installs I've done have covered most functionality. I'd rather not spend 5 days training only to have an hour or 2 of material I've not already covered. It would be nice if you had more CPPM training videos on your YouTube channel. :)

Cheers

James

• 4.  RE: Should I take ClearPass Essentials?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2015 08:13 AM

If you have done all of that, then the ACCP should be a good test.  The ACCX is more ACMX-like and we have an advanced labs and scenarios class that is well worth it!  

http://inter.viewcentral.com/events/cust/cust_tracks.aspx?company_login_id=aruba&pid=1&track_id=6