Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA connection profile - manual export and installation

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  VIA connection profile - manual export and installation

Posted Sep 08, 2016 02:34 AM

Hello all,

For a large number of security reasons, a customer of ours needs to install connection profiles onto laptops alongside the basic VIA software in an offline fashion (I.e. not by using the controller GUI).

Is there a know way to export these, and then import them manually onto a laptop?

• 2.  RE: VIA connection profile - manual export and installation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 08, 2016 05:21 AM

Please use Appendix A of the Appnote here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Virtual-Intranet-Access-VIA/ta-p/155614

"The installer used to install VIA on a Windows computer is a MSI package. With the MSI package, you can use the command-line tool called msiexec. The msiexec tool allows you to customize the installation process by using certain vendor-specified installer options. These are the common installer options available for the Windows VIA clients (all versions):  GATEWAY=””  This option can be used to preset the controller IP address so that the user gets a prompt only for username and password while downloading the configuration.  AUTHPROFILE=””  This option can be used to preset the VIA authentication profile used by the VIA client for tunnel establishment, which avoids the authentication profile choice dialog box."

• 3.  RE: VIA connection profile - manual export and installation

Posted Sep 19, 2016 02:29 AM

Apparently this isn't possible (having spoken to Jon Green etc.) at this time, but it's a frequently requested feature.

I've added my customer name to the "want it" list.

Cheers all.