Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to clear buildings from campus not using WebUI ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to clear buildings from campus not using WebUI ?

Posted Mar 14, 2016 09:56 AM

Hi,

I've entered the building name using polish national characters. Now building's name looks: Mokotów NOVA 

I can't delete this building, nothing happens when I check that building and click "Delete buildings".

When I try to enter link to this building, I've got the alert "Can't load building: request building doesn't exists"

I restored default factory settings on my Controller (W-3200), but the campus and buildings remaining :-(

Could anyone help me?

Mariusz

• 2.  RE: How to clear buildings from campus not using WebUI ?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2016 03:44 AM

Mariusz,

I had a similar issue once, with an & sign, but that is probably very similar, and documented the solution:

If you create a Campus named: Q&A, the WebUI will translate this into Q&A. When you try to delete is, it shows an error that the campus name does not exists.

From this point there are three solutions:

1. write erase all; wiping out ALL config (please record your licenses, because those will be gone as well!)
    2. wms reinit-db; will wipe out all data in the WMS database, including all Campusses, Buildings, Floors you already have
    3. directly access the API-URL.

For the last option you need to find out the URL that the WebUI sends to delete the Campus or Building. You can do this in Firefox with the extension Tamper Data, or in Google Chrome with the developer tools (Ctrl-Shift-I then Network tab) but other tools will probably do the same.

You can find out that when you select the campus Q&A, it requests the following URL:

https://192.168.32.1:4343/screens/wms/wms.cgi?opcode=delete-campus&campus-name=Q%26amp%3BA

Get the amp%3B out, and put the URL in your browser (that is already logged into the controller):

https://192.168.32.1:4343/screens/wms/wms.cgi?opcode=delete-campus&campus-name=Q%26A

It will respond in XML with:

<aruba>
      <status>OK</status> 
    </aruba>

... and the Campus is gone!

• 3.  RE: How to clear buildings from campus not using WebUI ?

Posted Mar 15, 2016 06:02 AM

Thx!

I choose firts option, "wirte erase all" and whole camous disappear :-)

Thank you very much

Mariusz