Wired

last person joined: 2 minutes ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

MAS + Distributed, L3 subnet + DHCP reservation

• 1.  MAS + Distributed, L3 subnet + DHCP reservation

Posted Oct 02, 2015 01:56 PM

I have got a deployment where I am using distributed, L3 from our Aruba switch to serve up DHCP for client devices.

We have something like 250+ locations and each location will have a network device (same device at each location) on the network.

The network device will sit on the same VLAN as my 'D, L3' subnet.

Is there any way to somehow DHCP reserve for it? I know we can reserve a fixed amount of IP space before and after the range but if  I want my device to end on .10 for each subnet since I dont know which subnet will be assigned to which location?

any ideas?

• 2.  RE: MAS + Distributed, L3 subnet + DHCP reservation

Posted Jan 07, 2016 07:28 AM
    ok the way to do this is you start your D,L3 subnet one subnet behind the subnet you want.

if you want your end device to be 192.168.3.10 then your D,L3 subnet should start at 192.168.2.0 on your switch. for some reason it adds +1.