Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Reset Country Code

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Reset Country Code

Posted Oct 12, 2015 01:33 PM

I have an IAP 105 that i am using to do some learning and it is currently set up for the USA, I am based in the UK and want to change the country code but cannot find a way. I have carried out a Factory Reset and logged back in but it doesn't ask me to setup the conuntry code. Is there a way i can do this via the GUI or Console?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Reset Country Code
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2015 02:08 PM

You cannot change a 'US' IAP to a 'UK' IAP. You would need to purchase a non-US IAP part number.

US, Israel, and Japan part numbers are unique and locked to those regulatory domains. All other countries purchase what we call 'Rest of the World' (ROW) and are set at the initial config.

• 3.  RE: Reset Country Code

Posted Oct 12, 2015 02:29 PM

Ok that would explain why i cannot make the change in the GUI or Console, but for what I want it for that will not be a problem i will use it as a US AP. I take it that there would be no difference in the operation of the IAP in the sense of the GUI would be the same and the features and options would be the same.

I am using the IAP as part of a learning curve so that I can use these for a corp setup in a few months time.

• 4.  RE: Reset Country Code

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2015 03:14 PM

Correct, the issue you will have is your US AP may broadcast on channels and/or at power levels expressly forbidden by UK regulatory restrictions. Aruba Networks does not support the use of non-ROW hardware in ROW restricted countries.