Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cloud Guest and Per User Bandwidth

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Cloud Guest and Per User Bandwidth

Posted Apr 24, 2015 10:58 AM

Hey,

I just received my first shipment of IAPs and I'm in the process of setting them up. So far things are working pretty well, I just have two concerns with the Central setup.

I'm trying to setup a guest wifi network and would like to use the Cloud Guest authentication so that I can have our admin team create access codes for guests via a Central login. However when I try to create and AP the "Cloud Guest" item is greyed out in the drop-down. I can't seem to figure out if I need to configure anything to enable that?

The second piece is that I would like to apply per-user bandwidth limits, however the item is greyed out as well with an exclamation mark next to it. It seems like the exclamation mark means that it is not supported in the version that the APs came with (6.4.2.3-4.1.1.4_49446). There doesn't seem to be an option in Central to change that version to something else that might support it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 2.  RE: Cloud Guest and Per User Bandwidth

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2015 10:41 PM

Cloud Guest is supported in 6.4.2.3-4.1.2.x