Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can you transfer Edu bundle license?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can you transfer Edu bundle license?

Posted Sep 12, 2017 12:13 PM

It is possible to transfer for example a 3400 that i bough with 64 edu bundle license to a 7210 controller?

I ask because i dont remenber that i register that under licensing.arubanetworks.com

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Can you transfer Edu bundle license?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 02:47 AM

I don't know the exact terms and conditions for the edu bundle, however in general if you have issues with licenses, like transfers that don't work or transfers between different accounts, contact Aruba TAC.

They should help you, or if it is not possible according to the conditions, they will let you know.

If it is pre-sales, like you first want to know before you buy the new controller, contact your local Aruba Sales team. They should be able to verify and assist you in a solution.

• 3.  RE: Can you transfer Edu bundle license?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 08:53 AM

Unfortunately, last this came up, EDU bundles do not transfer. The discounting is such that they licenses are locked to that platform. You can possibly work some kind of trade in deal with your sales team or partners.

• 4.  RE: Can you transfer Edu bundle license?

Posted Sep 13, 2017 08:58 AM

im a partner.   Ill work with our local aruba team.   

Thanks for the info!