Security

last person joined: 44 minutes ago 

Enterprise security using ClearPass Policy Management, ClearPass Security Exchange, IntroSpect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Update Path/Procedure - ClearPass / AirWave / AP205

• 1.  Update Path/Procedure - ClearPass / AirWave / AP205

Posted Sep 18, 2017 09:45 AM

Hello,

we want to update our infrastructure to one of the latest versions, as the installed versions are outdated.

Current Versions:

~12x AP 205 -> Aruba OS Version 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.7
    1x ClearPass Policy Manager 6.4.3.69023 on CP-VA-500 platform
    1x AirWave/AMP Version 8.0.8.1

I cannot find any recommended upgrade procedure concerning the combination of these products.

We would start with the CP-VA and AMP and update all antennas at the end and use the currently latest stable releases.
    Are these steps recommended?

Thanks for your help.

br
    patzed

• 2.  RE: Update Path/Procedure - ClearPass / AirWave / AP205

Posted Sep 18, 2017 10:42 AM

Sounds good.

Always upgrade Airwave before you upgrade AP's, and please check the latest supported firmware level by Airwave, this is might not be latest release available.

• 3.  RE: Update Path/Procedure - ClearPass / AirWave / AP205

Posted Sep 20, 2017 03:48 AM
      |   view attached

Thanks for your reply.

What about ClearPass. Is there any recommended order on AirWave or ClearPass first?

I attached the update options on the ClearPass Web Gui. I guess I can install and update the patches in the offered order?

Current Version: 6.4.3

Update1: ClearPass Cumulative Patch 7 for 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5 & 6.4.6

Update2: ClearPass Cluster Upgrade Tool for 6.5.0 Upgrades.+

Update3: ClearPass Upgrade version 6.5.0.71095

Update4: Cluster Upgrade Tool for 6.6.0 Upgrades - Version 2+

Update5: ClearPass Upgrade version 6.6.0.81015

For the VM Disks, as i read a seconds disk has to be added twice the current size. Is it sufficent to add the disc once for all updates listed?

many thanks