Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP Mesh Network with Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  IAP Mesh Network with Aruba Central

Posted Jul 21, 2017 08:53 PM

I'm struggling to configure two IAPs for a point to point mesh network. They're IAP 207s running AOS 6.5.3. They're both enrolled in Aruba Central. I would like one AP to act as the portal and one as the mesh point that bridges the wireless network to the wired interface.

All of the KBs I've found are using IAPs outside of Aruba Central. So I tried to follow those, but to no avail. Is this scenario even possible? 

I've configured the Uplink setting for the Mesh Point as eth0 bridging, but I'm not sure what else to configure.

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: IAP Mesh Network with Aruba Central

Posted Jul 27, 2017 12:12 AM

Hi,

Appologies in Advance if you have allready tried this. I have meshed several IAP 275's and found upgrading the firmware past 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.2_56164 has broken the mesh function. Basically the remote AP goes into a constant reboot, i ended up backdating firmware to make it work. It looks like the minimum firmware is probly 6.5 for a 207 so that will not help you in this case. I have found wireless meshing Aruba products has allways been DIFFICULT no matter what make model or firmware version.

So first thing is to build your cluster as per normal. Set Extended SSID to Disabled > then set Eth0 briding: To Enabled (on your non wired remote ap) once you reboot both Ap's it can take up to 10 minutes to mesh the remote AP.

To make the remote AP (wirelessly meshed access point) bridge to another wired network or switch do the following. Select the More drop down menu then select Wired. Select default_wired_port_profile then press the Edit button. Change the Admin Status menu to Up & Uplink menu to Enabled. Click Next twice then select Finish. Reboot ALL access points from the Maintenance Menu. Now reboot (yes again) your remote access point wait 10 minutes wired bridging should now work. 

• 3.  RE: IAP Mesh Network with Aruba Central

Posted Jun 22, 2018 09:56 AM

I tried this and it worked for me :-)

I only need to know where I find the More drop down menu?

"Select the More drop down menu then select Wired."

So i can configure the ethernetport on the Mesh IAP to work connected to a Wired network.