Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

reintroducing subscriber to a cluster

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  reintroducing subscriber to a cluster

Posted Aug 23, 2017 02:11 PM

Hi,

I've done thi before but can't remember the seqence of thnings to do.

I had to remove a subscriber from a cluster so went through the procedure on the master publisher to drop a subscriber. This seemed to work and the cluster no longer has the drobed device.

However, when I log onto the dropped subscriber it still things its  part of the cluster and that all the other nodes are out of sync. Can someone remind me how to reintroduce the node into the cluster.

Do I just do a cluster drop-database -f on the subscriber node to get it back to a default value and then ad it to the cluster from the master publisher ?

Rgds

Alex

• 2.  RE: reintroducing subscriber to a cluster
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 23, 2017 02:13 PM
    Yes, just reset the database and rejoin. You'll also have to rejoin it to the domain(s) (if applicable) and reinstall the server certificates for that server.

• 3.  RE: reintroducing subscriber to a cluster

Posted Aug 31, 2017 06:25 AM

o.k. so the command is cluster reset-database and not drop database. However one  ( good) thing was that the system didnlt end up being completely a default set of settings

1). http/radius certs that were previously defined stil present

2). admin password hadn't changed

3). Certificate trust lists still exist

Bascially dodn;t have to do anything apart from re-adding it to the cluster as a subscriber .. and everything just worked

A