Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Facebook WiFi, client token problem

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Facebook WiFi, client token problem

Posted Jun 14, 2017 01:21 PM

Hello guys,

I have a request for you. We are not able to install facebook wifi on 100% for all our customers. Sometimes the installation will be fine, sometimes we can not sign up with a Facebook location announcement on the FREE wifi network. The page writes "Failed to authenticate client token. Please try again ,,

Facebook sites have a location, we are administrators. It is very weird and we did not even prefer any special settings. Only new aruba after reset, configuring guest network with facebook but it does not work. The only thing that networks are different is customer routers. What must be allowed on the router to make it work as it should? Please help, thank you all

aruba FW 6.5.3, IAP 207, but IAP 305 have some problem

• 2.  RE: Facebook WiFi, client token problem

Posted Jun 15, 2017 07:53 AM

Hi

I found out that there is probably a problem with mikrotik routers. Probably a rule with a firewall. Will anyone know? Otherwise, Aruba 205 also does not work or older firmware. Once I change the router so it works. Thank you for your advice

• 3.  RE: Facebook WiFi, client token problem
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 16, 2017 08:26 AM

Hi,
    So it will also not be in the router setup. Anyone have any ideas? Can someone try it? Thx

• 4.  RE: Facebook WiFi, client token problem

Posted Feb 13, 2019 09:10 AM

I just add my answer because it could help someone else.

I had the same problem on a IAP-205, configured for a Guest Wifi only with Facebook login.

Users could connect to this free wifi and load the Facebook login page, but after entering the bypass code they received an error page: "Failed to authenticate client token. Please try again".

I had a remote assistance with the technical support without success, then I decided to update the IAP firmware and DRT directly from its UI.

After this update the login process started working again!