Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Limit options generated by NwaGuestManagerGenerateRoleList2

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Limit options generated by NwaGuestManagerGenerateRoleList2

MVP
    Posted Oct 27, 2017 07:30 AM

Say I have a [Guest Roles] mapping as follows,

1. (GuestUser:Role ID EQUALS 1) [Contractor]
    2. (GuestUser:Role ID EQUALS 2) [Guest]
    3. (GuestUser:Role ID EQUALS 3) [Employee]
    4. (GuestUser:Role ID EQUALS 4) custom1
    5. (GuestUser:Role ID EQUALS 5) custom2

And I want to use the first 3 Role ID's for my create_user form and the last 2 for something else like the mac_create form.

Can I configure the forms so that I can keep the default NwaGuestManagerGenerateRoleList2 as an option generator but somehow limit it to 1,2 and 3 for one form and limit it 4 and 5 for the other form?

Pretty basic question I guess but one I always avoided by using custom options drop-down list instead of the NwaGuestManagerGenerateRoleList2 option generator. 

Guess I was hoping I could get lazy and just reference a few numbers instead of creating the entire custom pull-down options myself next time.

• 2.  RE: Limit options generated by NwaGuestManagerGenerateRoleList2

Posted Aug 11, 2020 05:20 PM

Hi Koen, 

I know this is a few years old but... Any chance you have steps on creating a custom list?  I'm in a similar scenario where I don't want to use all of the options provided by the default role_id generator however I cannot find any documentation on creating a new generator.

TIA

-Ian

• 3.  RE: Limit options generated by NwaGuestManagerGenerateRoleList2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2020 04:16 PM

Hi Ian,

You need to edit the role_id field in the registration form as below.

Switch to  "Use Options" from NwaGuestManagerGenerateRoleList2" and define the required roles name with their respective values.

Role.jpg

OR

If you have different operator profiles for registrations, then you can limit the roles to be used under the operator profiles. Navigation: ClearPass Guest >> Administration >> Operator Logins >> Profiles.

Ex: Restricted "Help Desk" operator roles usage to Guest and Contractor.

Edit_Operator_Profile__Help_Desk_.jpg