We have Aruba 620 controller. AOS 188.8.131.52 and 2 AP 93
We are getting high latency through wireless network.
AP are installed in different places.
Please suggest troubleshooting steps.
Thanks in advance...
the AP93 is a single band AP, so you are very limited in what you can do.
- Enable Drop Broadcast and multicast on all of your Virtual APs
- Broadcast as few SSIDs as possible.
Below are some high level initial troubleshooting steps:
1) Segregate if the problem is seen in wired network itself or only in WLAN.
2) Check if the issue is band specific - 2.4 or 5 GHz
3) Have a separate VLAN for WLAN to reduce broadcast/ multicast pollute the RF.
4) Ensure you dont have non wifi RF interference.
5) You are in a really old code. Go through the release notes and atleast move to the latest 5.0.4.x code.
Thanks for your reply.
I have enabled drop broadcast & multicast but no luck.
I test ping from controller to gateway ip & result are fine. But if i ping from controller to client IP i am getting latency as well packet drop.
There is no interference observed in the air.
Did you try upgrading the ArubaOS code? It could improve your issue.
Again, the AP93 operates a single band, that means there is alot of interference and contention that you will have to accept, so there is a limit to the performance when using a device that operates only at 2.4ghz.
Also dpending on your client device, make sure that any PSP (power-save) is disabled as it will artificially introduce a lot of latencies and PL in the ping response
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2020 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.