Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP-315 not join Central

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP-315 not join Central

Posted Jun 13, 2018 10:07 AM

Hi,

I have Aruba IAP-315-RW (firmware 6.5.2.0) and need to join Central eval (90days).

In Global settings I can see IAP-315-RW as subscribed and it has group assigned.

When I go to Wireles Management I can not see any device assigned.

I tried browse that IAP by browser, I welcomes me Instant (Virtual Controller). What I need to setup to get IAP available on Central device list ? Not sure what I am doing wrong.

My IAP is plugged into the LAN, got DHCP address.

If any additional setup needed ?

regards

Peter

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP-315 not join Central
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2018 05:07 PM

Is the IAP in factory-default state? A device with an existing configuration would actually appear on Central in the "Unprovisioned" group. You would see a red notification bar at the bottom of the window:

http://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.4.2/documentation/online_help/content/public_cloud/get_started/prov_devices.htm

Generally speaking, there are a few things that need to be working on the LAN for the IAP to connect to Central successfully:

1. DHCP on Uplink interface (untagged)
    2. DNS Resolution (specifically device.arubanetworks.com for ZTP)
    3. NTP (pool.ntp.org by default, AP needs accurate time for certificate validation)
    4. HTTPS Outbound (no proxy)

You can read details in the Aruba Central Help: http://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.4.2/documentation/online_help/content/public_cloud/get_started/communication_ports.htm

I would start by verifiying those prerquisites.

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP-315 not join Central

Posted Jun 21, 2018 09:39 AM

I see few issues with the provisioning devices guide:

- The path: Global Settings > Devices and Subscriptions > Device Provisioning , does not exist. It looks the Aruba central updated the gui recently.

- checked the 4 points: IAP got Ip address from local DHCP server, I've set the global ntp on IAP 

-Aruba Central user guid says it support following IAP firmware revisions:

The current release of Central supports only the following AP firmware versions:

6.4.2.0-4.1.1.9 or later

6.4.2.3-4.1.2.3

6.4.3.1-4.2.0.3

6.4.3.4-4.2.1.0

6.4.4.3-4.2.2.0

6.4.4.4-4.2.3.0

6.4.4.4-4.2.3.1

6.4.4.4-4.2.3.2

6.4.4.6-4.2.4.0

6.4.4.8-4.2.4.4

6.5.0.0-4.3.0.0

6.5.0.0-4.3.0.1

6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0

My current IAP-315 firmware is 6.5.2.0. Is this one compatible with Aruba Central ?

- IAP assigned to the group, but not working

The configuration is not intuitive, Aruba could design it better.

I work a lot with Cisco Meraki, but the subscrition and configuration is well designed and can be easly find. In this case I have no idea how to register and configure all things in case of Aruba central

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP-315 not join Central

Posted Jun 22, 2018 10:53 AM

it's working.

seems the SSL traffic was blocked from IAP towards internet.

IAP registered.

Peter

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP-315 not join Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2018 12:01 PM

You are indeed correct that the Provisioning Help Page has not been updated according to the new UI workflow. I will see if this can be addressed internally.

The subscription assignment section though is correct: http://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.4.3/documentation/online_help/content/public_cloud/applications/global_settings/key_management.htm

Also note that the help documents are updated with each new version of Central to reflect the latest enhancements. To always access the manual of the latest version of Central, you best access it directly from the Central dashboard (instead of any manually posted links):

image.png