Currently I am trying to understand aruba VRRP and deployment model and really need some help from you guys.
I set up a lab with two 7210 controller with master-active and master-backup topology [master redundancy].
Now some question is popping up in my heads.
1. If master and backup both goes down and backup come up first then who will hold the license?
2. Which IP I need to configure in Windows radius [Controller management ip or VRRP ip] ?
3. We have to publish VRRP ip using DHCP option 43 or not ?
4. Can I configure APs in different subnet than the VRRP ip?
5. For captive portal I have to manually configure everything on both controller [certs, custom html page]?
someone please help me...
1. Controllers hold licenses for 30 days. The licenses will still live on the master, but the backup will still function.
2. Depends on how you source it under Authentication > Advanced
3. Yes, or via aruba-master.domain.xyz
4. Yes, APs should not be in the same subnet as the controller
@Rana wrote:...5. For captive portal I have to manually configure everything on both controller [certs, custom html page]?
Yep, certs are controller specific and so are custom captive portal pages (IIRC).
Here are the answers for your questions,
In this case, standby master will holds the responsibility and if the preemption is enabled, once the Primary master comes up it will take over.
You mean, as a RADIUS client ? we should configure both master and standby as RADIUS clients in the server.
Yes. we have to configure VRRP ip as the master IP, eitherthrough option 43 or DNS.
Off course we can. we should ensure that the VRRP ip is reachable from the AP :)
5. For captive portal I have to manually configure everything on both controller,
Need more clarity on this . you mean local user DB ? if so .it will be synced between Master and Standby :)
We have to configure only VLANs, DHCP, VLAN interfaces and routes in both the controllers manually.
Hope you answers fro all your questions, please feel free for any further query on this.
Thanks all of you.
When I enabled database synchronization somethins is not getting synced.
Is there any list of things which will not get sysned..
I found the below list of the things...
- VLANs- VLAN interfaces- Spanning tree configuration- clock summer-time config- certificate- Custom captive portal page- clock timezone- login banner- location setting- tunnel interfaces- snmp-server configurations- ethernet port configurations- port-channels
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.