Wired

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

lost of packet Switch Aruba 2930F

• 1.  lost of packet Switch Aruba 2930F

Posted Oct 14, 2020 05:31 PM

hello everyone

we have a switch core aruba 2930F and we have 3 VLAN, I analyse the traffic of network and we have a mirror port for this process, I conect a machinge whit wireshark and in the analysis we have a lost of pachet.

is there any way to know why i have this packet loss.

aruba01.jpgaruba 02.jpg

• 2.  RE: lost of packet Switch Aruba 2930F

Posted Oct 15, 2020 08:03 AM

it is not really a packet loss... but a retry packet

how do you have configure the packet mirror ?

• 3.  RE: lost of packet Switch Aruba 2930F

Posted Oct 15, 2020 09:09 AM

yes, it is a packet retransmission and TCP out of order.

This is the configuration of mirror port

switch(config)# mirror 1 port 11
    switch(config)# interface VLAN 1 monitor all both mirror 1

switch(config)# mirror 2 port 11
    switch(config)# interface VLAN 2 monitor all both mirror 2
    switch(config)# mirror 3 port 11
    switch(config)# interface VLAN 3 monitor all both mirror 3

#2930F

• 4.  RE: lost of packet Switch Aruba 2930F

Posted Oct 16, 2020 04:24 AM
    @AntonioSanchez wrote: yes, it is a packet retransmission and TCP out of order.

Technically speaking they (packets retransmission, TCP out-of-order) could happen on mirror port (in particular load/switch conditions from what I understood).

I recall I recently have read an old paper (2007 with HP ProCurve 2824 versus a Cisco Catalyst 2950) about this issues, it's Traffic Trace Artifacts due to Monitoring Via Port Mirroring. It was quite old but it's a quite interesting read also these days.

Edit: If I were the OP I would change/correct/adapt the Thread's title with something like "Aruba 2930R: mirror port and packets re-transmission/out-of-order" since there isn't specifically any packet loss.