Currently working on configuring our 2530 switches using REST API I noticed that I was not able to remove the tagged (POM_TAGGED_STATIC) default VLAN from a port.
More information :
- Using the REST API I can, without any issue, add or remove tagged VLANs on port.
- If I remove the untagged VLAN from a port, the port is given the default VLAN as untagged VLAN (because a port cannot be orphan)
- But if the default VLAN (VLAN 1) is tagged on the port and I try to remove this association, I do not get any error but the change is not taken into account.
Technical details :
- Tested on freshly resetted switch
- Software revision : YA.16.10.0010
- ROM Version : YA.15.20
- REST API version used : v7
- Before :
tagged vlan 1-2
untagged vlan 10
- Making changes :
HTTP request DELETE /rest/v7/vlans-ports/1-40
HTTP request DELETE /rest/v7/vlans-ports/2-40
- After :
tagged vlan 1
untagged vlan 10
Is this a bug ? If yes where can I report it ? If not, why is it behaving like this ?
Thanks in advance for your answer !
Do you have try with another vlan like vlan 1 ?
and you can open a case to TAC for get check if there is a bug
Thank you for your answer. Indeed I tried with other VLANs and no problem here. The problem occurs only when it is the default VLAN.
I opened a case to TAC.
vlan 1 is always strange...
I interresing by your return from PAC
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2020 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.