Network Management

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Organize subscription keys in Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Organize subscription keys in Aruba Central

Posted May 22, 2018 01:53 PM

Hi guys,

How can I organize the subscription keys among my customers I have in Aruba Central?

1. I mean, under Global Settings > Key Management I see all the key numbers for all subscriptions my customers have purchased, but I can't distinguish which one belongs which customer to, and if one key is going to expire I don't know which customer I have to warn about the renewal of the subscription. That's one example. Is there a way to organize/tie or to know the keys and the customers?

2. Also, if I want to subscribe a new device Aruba Central doesn't ask me to which subscription key I want to associate this new device, and Central chooses the first subscription key not used it founds and associates this new device to that key, and the devices gets subscribed. But I don't want that, I want to associate a new device to one specific key, that device customer key, if that customer doesn't have a subscription key for his new device, that new device can't get subscribed, although Aruba Central has extra keys are not being used at the moment for other customers. How can I achieve that?

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Organize subscription keys in Aruba Central

Posted May 25, 2018 01:51 PM
    Hi,

Any idea?

Regards,
    Julián

• 3.  RE: Organize subscription keys in Aruba Central

Posted May 28, 2018 11:50 AM

Hi,

That's not possible, right?

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: Organize subscription keys in Aruba Central

Posted Jun 11, 2018 10:41 AM

Checked it with my Central account and you're right, that is not possible at the moment.

For licence management we still need Excel with access to the customers HPE account for the licence csv export.

That's something for:

https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas

• 5.  RE: Organize subscription keys in Aruba Central

Posted Jun 11, 2018 11:36 AM

Hi Eddy,

Do you mean I can get a licence csv export for my customers? Because it would be a help since Aruba Central doesn't support it. If so, how?

Regards,

Julián

• 6.  RE: Organize subscription keys in Aruba Central

Posted Jun 11, 2018 11:51 AM

Hi Julián,

go to the  HPE Mynetworking Portal

-> My Licenses

-> Export search results to excel

Untitled 1.png

Regards

Eddy

• 7.  RE: Organize subscription keys in Aruba Central

Posted Jun 11, 2018 11:58 AM

Hi Eddy,

Thanks, though it doesn't work for me since it shows the licenses for my company but not the Aruba Central subscription keys of my customers, since my customers don't have HPE account.

Regards,

Julián

• 8.  RE: Organize subscription keys in Aruba Central

Posted Jun 11, 2018 12:17 PM

Oh my fault. I hadn't the Aruba Central licenses in mind but the usual aos licenses... It was a long day today, sorry!

The only thing left would be for the moment the TAC. They should be able to see who purchased which license, don't they?

• 9.  RE: Organize subscription keys in Aruba Central

Posted Jun 11, 2018 12:40 PM

Hi,

So I would need to use Excel to manage my customer's licenses and don't get mixed up. And yes, when I have a while I would get through https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas, thanks I didn't know that site.

Regards,

Julián