Wired

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple VLAN's with one internet connections

• 1.  Multiple VLAN's with one internet connections

Posted Nov 02, 2018 03:56 AM

Hello everybody,

I'm setting up a network for a WeWork kind of scenario, when a bunch of different businesses share a common infrastructure. I have a bunch of 2930F switches and a Check Point 790 Firewall/Router that connects to the Internet. I want to assign every business a dedicated VLAN and subnet to segregate them, so they cannot see each other, but they could get Internet connectivity and DHCP from the router for each subnet.

A good guide would be much appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Multiple VLAN's with one internet connections

Posted Nov 05, 2018 01:33 PM

Greetings!

As you have a dedicated firewall/router appliance to perform the role of gateway and traffic segregation, the best solution in this case would be to use Layer 2 VLANs on the 2930F (no IP addressing), untagged on the client ports and tagged across the uplink to the Check Point appliance, which would use firewall rules and/or ACLs to prevent inter-VLAN routing while permitting each business to utilize the shared Internet connection.