Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP and Apple TV issues

• 1.  Aruba IAP and Apple TV issues

Posted Dec 06, 2018 03:02 PM

I have a weird issue with my Aruba IAP and my Apple TV's and do not know how to resolve it.

First I work for a college and all of our rooms have Apple TV's for presenting materials.

I have setup an SSID that will put our faculty onto another VLAN. This works great, you can connect to it get the correct subnet and everything I have allowed them to access they can get to.

Now when I try to set bandwidth limits for this new SSID it will all of a sudden not allow me to connect to every Apple TV I have. When I take off the bandwidth limits I can connect to all Apple TV's

The next weird thing is that the current SSID that the faculty use has bandwidth limits and with this SSID I can connect to all Apple TV's. The only difference between this current SSID and the new one is that the new one is assigning a specific VLAN. The current SSID assigns the same subnet as the AP.

I have tried enabling IGMP on switches. Toggled off and on broadcast filtering, multicast transmissions optimization and dynamic multicast optimization with no success. 

I have been working with Aruba support for weeks and still not working

Let me know what I am missing here.

Thanks

Alex

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP and Apple TV issues

Posted Dec 06, 2018 03:48 PM

Hi,

Are the staff's device and the AppleTV's on the same SSID and VLAN?

If not you might need AirGroup setup to get it working.

Which limit did you set?

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP and Apple TV issues

Posted Dec 06, 2018 03:52 PM

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP and Apple TV issues

Posted Dec 06, 2018 03:56 PM

To which value did you set the limit?

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP and Apple TV issues

Posted Dec 06, 2018 04:02 PM

I set it to 25 down 7 up, to test I put the values to the max allowed and still having issue. But as soon as I remove the bandwidth limits there is no problem connecting to the apple tv's