Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Quick AP vs IAP Question

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Quick AP vs IAP Question

Posted Oct 17, 2018 10:43 AM

I have a lot of IAP-205 running via AirWave. We just aquired a new company's wireless and they have all AP-105 running via standalone 3400 controller. My question is will the AP-105 work on AirWave like the IAP-205's? I would like to manage them from AirWave vs the 3400 controller.

• 2.  RE: Quick AP vs IAP Question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 17, 2018 10:50 AM

Yep, you would add the controller to Airwave and manage the controller and APs via Airwave.

*Be sure to import the config for the template to manage the controller. I forgot this once, will never do it again.

• 3.  RE: Quick AP vs IAP Question

Posted Oct 17, 2018 11:43 AM

EDIT: didnt see the other reply before i posted the below response. thanks for the imformation from both of you.

if i dont want to use the controller and just add the Ap-105s to AirWave will that work?

• 4.  RE: Quick AP vs IAP Question

Posted Oct 17, 2018 01:00 PM
    Are those IAPs or Aps? You can take a look at the back of the AP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 5.  RE: Quick AP vs IAP Question

Posted Oct 17, 2018 01:02 PM

i believe they are AP's and not IAPs. how can i tell via the 3400 controlller.

• 6.  RE: Quick AP vs IAP Question

Posted Oct 17, 2018 11:03 AM
    I recommend you continue managing your AP-105s via the 3400 controller but you can manage those via AirWave

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile