Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2930M (JL319A) with HPE Smart Rate Module (JL081A)

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2930M (JL319A) with HPE Smart Rate Module (JL081A)

Posted Jan 23, 2019 09:30 AM

Hi,

I've a quick question to the specifications of an Aruba 2930M (JL319A).

This switch itself does not support PoE itself. However, it is possible to install the HPE Smart Rate Module (JL081A) as per the specification sheet.

Question: Will those 4 ports work with PoE on the JL319A switch? If yes, how do I get them active?

(I installed this module and I'm able to configure and use the ports, but I'm not able to get the PoE active. So I'm wondering if this should work or if the specifications are wrong/not complete).

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2930M (JL319A) with HPE Smart Rate Module (JL081A)

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 23, 2019 10:37 AM

Yes the JL081A haves POE+, -edit- but only function on a POE+ switch.

Enable it global with...
    # Power-over-ethernet pre-std-detect ports 1/1-/48

Or on port base...
    Interface 1/1 power-over-ethernet

By the way other 2930m serie switches have poe+ on all interfaces, based on the model tou choice.

Hope this help you!

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2930M (JL319A) with HPE Smart Rate Module (JL081A)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2019 02:47 PM

Greetings!

While the JL081A module does support PoE+, this functionality is only available when the module is installed in a switch (2930M or 3810M) that also supports PoE+. This is due to the fact that PoE+ requires the 54VDC voltage provided by a PoE+ capable power supply, which can only be installed in a PoE+ switch model.

Non-PoE+ switch models only accept a 12VDC power supply, which cannot supply sufficient voltage to power PoE/PoE+ devices. As such, PoE-related commands are not available in the CLI for these switch models.

Note that the HPE Smart Rate ports on the JL081A module will otherwise function normally at all supported line rates.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2930M (JL319A) with HPE Smart Rate Module (JL081A)

Posted Mar 18, 2021 03:34 PM
    Hello!

I have 3810M (JL075A) with installed JL081A. All ports (1/A1-1/A4) are enabled, but I'm not able to get the PoE active.

core(config)# Power-over-ethernet pre-std-detect port 1/A1-1/A4
    PoE is not supported on ports 1/A1-1/A4.

Please help!

------------------------------
    Georgiy Grishin
    ------------------------------