Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility master network: How do I change the captive portal redirect IP?

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Mobility master network: How do I change the captive portal redirect IP?

Posted Jan 04, 2019 10:55 AM

Hello, we are setting up a proof of concept with two Aruba 7010 WLC's, a couple of APs and mobility master. 

I am working on getting a captive portal set up on our guest network. The browser window pops up now, but it is trying to go to the management IP address - which I don't want. That is a secured network the guest network cannot access. It's on a completely different firewall without a route that can even try to access it. 

I saw this answered before by issuing the ip cp-redirect-address command, but that was for 6.x and we are running mobility master and 8.1. 

I've already created the IPs on the guest VLAN on the two controllers, but I do not see where to change the captive portal to use those IP addresses. 

Thanks in advance! I hope what I'm trying to accomplish makes sense. 

• 2.  RE: Mobility master network: How do I change the captive portal redirect IP?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2019 11:36 AM

SSH into the MM.

Type "show configuration node-hierarchy" to see the name or the full path to each controller.

cd to either the full path or the name of the one controller

Then, do this:

config t

ip cp-redirect-address <ip address of the controller on that guest VLAN>

type "write mem"

Do the same thing for the second controller.

You can SSH into either controller and type "show ip cp-redirect-address" to ensure that your configuration was propagated.

• 3.  RE: Mobility master network: How do I change the captive portal redirect IP?

Posted Jan 04, 2019 01:48 PM

This is exactly what I needed - thank you! Works perfect now!