Location Services

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Meridian SDK (For Android Studio)

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to Meridian SDK (For Android Studio)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2019 05:52 PM
      |   view attached

Developing a mockup meridian app that is completely customized to a client can be a great way of making our customers feel compelled to acquire the Meridian solution.

As an SE, I try to create impactful presentations showing tangible results that my customers can easily visualize for their own businesses. Showing our customers how their apps can be completely customized while still having full Meridian functionality is impotant for closing deals. It can help a customer realize all the possibilities of marketing, and generating revenue for their business with the Location based services meridian has to offer without giving up creative control of the design of their app.  When it comes to developing a Meridian app using the SDK, having basic programming skills and a little bit of creativity goes a long way. 

In this article I am sharing with my fellow airheads the first steps for creating their own mockup Meridian Apps, using the Meridian SDK. 

First you'll encounter the README document, that, while straightforward, can be confusing for someone who has very little experience with app development, so that you can quickly be on your way to create a simple demo of what a custom app with the Meridian SDK would look like.

The contents of the SDK downloadable file look like this:

meridian sdk 1.png

This SDK package will assist you in embedding Meridian's maps and directions features into your own Android apps. You create your location-based data and maps at https://edit.meridianapps.com then use this SDK to display them in your app. The SDK provides all the necessary functionality of downloading the relevant location data and presenting the UI for maps & wayfinding.

The most important file inside the SDK is the .aar file.

Follow these Steps

Step 1: Extract this file onto your PC

I recommend extracting the file in the same folder where your Android projects will be stored.

Step 2: Create a “Local Repository” file within your project

meridian sdk 2.png

The “Get Started with the Android SDK” article within the meridian knowledge base explains how to do this on a general level, I got a little more specific. Adding the local_repo file is the easiest way to get this step done in my opinion.

Continue reading by downloading the document below, and don't forget to kudo this post!

#LocationServices
    #Meridian
    #ArubaTags
    #ALE

Attachment(s)

pdf
    How to Meridian SDK.pdf   1.64 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: How to Meridian SDK (For Android Studio)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2019 09:14 AM

Great job! Excelent article.

• 3.  RE: How to Meridian SDK (For Android Studio)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2019 09:52 AM

Thank you!

• 4.  RE: How to Meridian SDK (For Android Studio)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2019 12:37 PM

This is exactly what we need to complement both methods for publishing final apps in the digital stores [Apple Appstore and Google PlayStore]:

1. The first method is using our whitelabel service, where we as Aruba deliver a full application in the stores as a turn key project for our Customers.

2. The second method is done by our Customer itself or a thirty party integrating the SDK into their existing Mobile Application to receive the benefits of wireless clients location [shown by this article].

Kudos to you Cindy!