Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller for multiple AP with Different Firmware ver.

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Controller for multiple AP with Different Firmware ver.

Posted Oct 26, 2018 07:00 AM

let say I have multiple type of AP with different Firmware version and cant be upgraded because of end of life. If I want to buy a controller can it be managed by controller although the AP have different firmware version ?

Rgds,

• 2.  RE: Controller for multiple AP with Different Firmware ver.

Posted Oct 26, 2018 07:06 AM

All Campus Access Points (CAP) handled by a controller will download the same firmware version as the controller has.

This means that if your controller has version 6.5.1.3 and you install a CAP that does not support 6.5, you will have problems.

• 3.  RE: Controller for multiple AP with Different Firmware ver.

Posted Oct 17, 2022 06:53 PM

How in the latest 8.7 MC version
    Can I grouping old zone for old firmware AP-105 and new zone for latest AP

Because I can do that in SmartZone

• 4.  RE: Controller for multiple AP with Different Firmware ver.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2022 08:58 AM
    You responded to an old thread, and I don't understand what you responded or asked. Please open a new thread and explain a bit in more detail what you would like to know.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------