Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Trigger: Device Down

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Airwave Trigger: Device Down

Posted Nov 20, 2018 08:59 AM

I´m sorry if this was already answered but I could not found a similar answer to my question.

Currently I´m working on a trigger which only sends an email once the AP is going down. Also the email should be sent after the AP ist atleast 15 min down.

My trigger is working but it still sends an email every 15 min after the initial email.

I would be grateful, if anyone could provide some guidance to setup the trigger correctly.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Airwave Trigger: Device Down

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 20, 2018 09:20 AM

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds to me like it's doing what you wanted it to do?

You want to receive the initial down device alert.

And you want a 2nd alert after device has been down for 15 minutes.

Or is it that you only want to receive the email alert after the device has been down for 15 minutes?

If it's the latter, then you should have 2 separate device down triggers.

1) Device Down w/ condition Minutes Down Threshold = 1 min, no email

2) Device Down w/ condition Minutes Down Threshold = 15 min, yes email

• 3.  RE: Airwave Trigger: Device Down

Posted Nov 20, 2018 10:34 AM

It is the latter! But does it (2 separate triggers) prevent the emails that I reveive every 15 minutes after the initial alert?

And, are there any differences between these two triggers (settings, options)? Besides "no mail" and "yes mail".

• 4.  RE: Airwave Trigger: Device Down
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 20, 2018 10:48 AM

Oh!  If you're getting the same alert repeatedly, then you'll want to toggle the 'suppress until acknowledged' alert at the bottom of the trigger definition.

From User Guide:

Suppress Until Acknowledged

Options include:

No. A new alert will be created every time the trigger criteria are met.
    Yes. An alert will be received the first time the criteria is met, and a new alert for the device is not created until the initial one is acknowledged.

• 5.  RE: Airwave Trigger: Device Down

Posted Nov 22, 2018 02:41 AM

If I´m going to enable the suppress until acknowledge button, I´m receiving no mail at all.

• 6.  RE: Airwave Trigger: Device Down

Posted May 22, 2019 12:38 PM

I have a controller which is down 2 months ago , but my airwave still send me alerts every 15 days or so , please any thoughts could help out to remove these alerts without impact the trigger dedicated to the other devices !? 

Thanks in advance.

• 7.  RE: Airwave Trigger: Device Down

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2019 12:51 PM

Try in the trigger defition, suppress until acknowledge -> this would reduce repeat alerts on that trigger condition.

Otherwise it'd be a matter of bulk deleting the alert entries from the db which could be taken care of through a support case since bulk delete from the UI may not be ideal for 2 months worth of alerts.

• 8.  RE: Airwave Trigger: Device Down

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2019 04:50 PM

Do we have supress until ack set to yes? Also, have we acknowledged the Alert which came for this controller manually under the alerts tab?