Security

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Moodle & ClearPass Integration using SAML

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Moodle & ClearPass Integration using SAML

Posted Jun 19, 2019 01:24 AM

Hi Airheads, 

Just wondering if anybody out there has tried integrating Moodle with CPPM using SAML IdP?

From what i've read and understood, i should be able to use ClearPass as IdP against AD and authenticate users from Moodle but never dont it before so hoping someone may have attempted this and can share their experience. 

Thanks

Scott

• 2.  RE: Moodle & ClearPass Integration using SAML

Posted Jun 19, 2019 05:04 PM

We didn't intergrate with Moodle, but we just setup Clearpass as an SP, and part of our testing invovled using Clearpass as an IDP.

A few notes that might help

• Use the service templates, it makes it incredibly easy. You select AD, enter the URL of moodle, and what attributes from AD you want to send to moodle
    • If Moodle requires IDP Metadata AND you have a cluster, you have to do some funky things with your FQDN
      • The recommendation is if you are in a cluster, set the FQDN (Admin>server configuration) as the DNS name for the VIP that will be handling the IDP page

I noticed there wasn't an abundance of information, so we had to do a lot of testing on our own. There is also a techdoc that explains some of the simpler information.
     https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=33305

Hope that helps

• 3.  RE: Moodle & ClearPass Integration using SAML

Posted Jun 26, 2019 06:48 PM

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the tips, i appreciate you offering up your experience. 

Scott