Wired

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS-Switch KB 16.07.002 netdestination not defined message

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS-Switch KB 16.07.002 netdestination not defined message

Posted May 17, 2019 02:33 PM

We are rolling out new 5400's and 3810's.  I ran into this issue on a 3810M stack.  Had an ACL defined in the start-up config. Needed to make a change by deleting the existing ACL and then rebuilding it.  When trying to rebuild it, I get "netdestination not defined" messages on the lines of the ACL that reference the built-in netdestination "any".  3810M stack of 4 switches.  KB_16_07_002.  I have made this change on lots of switches running the same code without issue.  Anyone else run into this?  Here's the output:

Heller-edge(config)# no ip access-list extended "TRUSTED-PORT-SIEMENS-ACL-B"
    Heller-edge(config)# ip access-list extended "TRUSTED-PORT-SIEMENS-ACL-B"
    Heller-edge(config-ext-nacl)# 10 permit alias-src "any" alias-dst "any" alias-srvc "sys-svc-dns"
    Netdestination not configured.
    Heller-edge(config-ext-nacl)# 30 permit alias-src "any" alias-dst "any" alias-srvc "sys-svc-dhcp"
    Heller-edge(config-ext-nacl)# 50 permit alias-src "any" alias-dst "any" alias-srvc "sys-svc-natt"
    Heller-edge(config-ext-nacl)# 70 permit alias-src "any" alias-dst "any" alias-srvc "sys-svc-icmp"
    Heller-edge(config-ext-nacl)# 120 permit alias-src VLAN70-NET-B alias-dst "SIEMENS-DEST-B" alias-srvc "any"
    Heller-edge(config-ext-nacl)# 130 permit alias-src "SIEMENS-DEST-B" alias-dst VLAN70-NET-B alias-srvc "any"
    Heller-edge(config-ext-nacl)# exit
    Heller-edge(config)# end
    Heller-edge# sho netdestination any

Name : any
    Position Type IP Address Mask
    ---------- -------------- ------------------ ------------------
    1 Host/Network 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

Heller-edge# sho netservice sys-svc-dns

Name : sys-svc-dns
    Protocol : udp
    Port : 53
    Type : System(not editable)
    Heller-edge# sho ver

Image stamp: /ws/swbuildm/rel_xanadu_zeus_qaoff/code/build/bom(swbuildm_rel_xanadu_zeus_qaoff_rel_xanadu_zeus)
    Sep 5 2018 11:58:53
    KB.16.07.0002
    Boot Image: Primary

Boot ROM Version: KB.16.01.0009
    Active Boot ROM: Primary

Heller-edge#

I'm guessing it's a bug, but maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks.

Mike

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch KB 16.07.002 netdestination not defined message

Posted May 18, 2019 04:30 AM

if you remove extra " " ?

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch KB 16.07.002 netdestination not defined message

Posted May 18, 2019 09:46 AM

Quotes beng there or not, makes no difference.

With the quotes is how it is stored in the config files...

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch KB 16.07.002 netdestination not defined message

Posted May 20, 2019 04:10 AM

Do you have try to recreate any object ?

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch KB 16.07.002 netdestination not defined message

Posted May 20, 2019 10:41 AM

Looks like I had too many netdestinations defined in  the startup config file (that the download sanity check doesn't catch, apparently).  I cut out a bunch of unneeded netdestinations in the start-up file, pushed it down into  the stack and was then able to modify the one I wa trying to redfine.

Thanks.

Mike