Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Switch security

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Switch security

Posted Aug 24, 2019 12:23 PM

Bit of a mixed bag of questions here but am now looking to secure my switch infrastructure and after looking at some configurations online (and comparing on my switch) I think the configurations are out of date.

I am using an HP-2530 (J9280A) and would like to know the command structure for the following features.

Sticky mac: The ability to detect and fix mac addresses of devices per port.

DHCP Snooping: enabling trust for a DHCP server (or trust of an uplink to the server) interface.

Any other useful tips or settings which can help lock down the switch from wrong doers.

Thanks as always.

• 2.  RE: Switch security

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2019 03:43 PM

I found this by googling "hpe arubaos-switch access security guide"  http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c05365163-4.pdf

Is that what you mean?

• 3.  RE: Switch security

Posted Aug 24, 2019 04:18 PM

Yes, very useful thanks. These commands match the model and firmware of my switch.

Interestingly enough I have also found the command "aaa port-access use-lldp-data" like LLDP/LLDP-MED which is already enabled on the switch this is a single command (as seen above).

Would this be all that is required in this case, run the command, plug in the phones and let them update the ports ?

Also any additional "show" commands to confirm the settings would be useful also.

• 4.  RE: Switch security

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 27, 2019 09:28 AM

for VOIP, it is recommnaded to enable voice vlan (i will be auto configure LLDP)

• 5.  RE: Switch security

Posted Aug 27, 2019 09:44 AM

I already used LLDP-MED with my deployments of VOICE VLAN so this should already be enabled.

I assume then that the sticky mac feature for LLDP is an extra command/setting applied ontop of the VOICE VLAN feature.

@alagoutte wrote:

for VOIP, it is recommnaded to enable voice vlan (i will be auto configure LLDP)

• 6.  RE: Switch security

Posted Sep 03, 2019 05:03 PM

Hi Eddie,

I am sure this link could help you too:

h22208.www2.hpe.com/eginfolib/Aruba/16.06/5200-5456/index.html#book.html

Regards