We currently deployed a new virtual controller setup with 30 AP's and around 300 clients.
These are aruba Type 515 Ap's running 126.96.36.199.
We receive daily complaints that users have network interruptions lasting 20-30 seconds, they stay connected but don't have any access whatsoever.
When we monitor this we see deauth's being sent from the client workstation to the AP:
Traced 802.11 Management Frames
Timestamp stype SA DA BSS signal Misc
--------- ----- -- -- --- ------ ----
Oct 18 13:25:45 deauth client mac ap mac ap mac 0 Unspecified Failure (seq num 15)
most of the times, we see an eventid "6105 - deauth after EAPOL key exchange sequence" on the workstations.
These workstations are most of the time Windows 10 with various intel NICS, we updated these nic's to the latest driver (01/09/19) but the issue seems to remain. this happens once or twice during the day.
The only difference we have with our other IAP clusters is that we have High Efficieny enabled, but only 2 clients out of 300 is actually using this. We did saw that this could cause issues even on 802.11ac but we thought that a driver update would fix this.
Has anyone bumped into this issue before? We haven't disabled HE yet for the time being.
Try disabling high efficiency at the radio level and see if your problems continue.
We will disable it tonight to see if the situation has been improved.
To be clear, I don't know if this will help your or not. It is quite possible that the client's key exchange is not finishing occasionally because of cochannel interference. I just asked to disable it, so your environment could be closer to that of any deployment with non-802.11ax APs.
thank you for the response.
It seems disabling High Efficiency didn't improve it, we are currently updating all the drivers and creating a ticket with our workstation vendor as well to see if they can find an exact cause.
We are also enabling some features one at a time to see if it makes a difference, i'll update this post if we've found a fix.
We did a rollout of all the wireless drivers of the workstations to the latest version and upgraded the IAP cluster to 188.8.131.52 (since we tought we might hit bug ARUBA-SA-20191028-PLVL06).
The problem seems to remain however, we've noticed fewer complaints but we still see deauths from time to time.
We've decided to increase the reauthentication interval to 12 hours (previously was on 1 hour) which significantly decreased the amount of disconnects that occurred.
Thanks for all the help!
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.