Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

OC20 - WDS features and network traffic forward problems

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  OC20 - WDS features and network traffic forward problems

Posted Sep 03, 2019 05:28 PM

Hi,

I have some OC20 with an HPE logo, from what I read those have been "switched" Aruba... is that correct?
    Currently I use the older HPE Android App to manage those AP's and I looked for some updates for the AP's but couldn't find anything.

So my first question is can I use the Aruba Instant ON App to manage those AP's too?

My second question is regarding connecting another router via WDS to the OC20 so that some devices behind that router can be connect to the network without needing some long cables...

I tried that, but it didn't worked...

So does the OC20 support WDS?
    Currently the router is connected to the OC20 as an AP-Client and serving the network to the devices behind the router...(what somehow works, but not everything, see next question)

Third question as I said, I tried to connect another router to the OC20 AP and bridge the network to some devices behind this router.
    So that I could connect some PC's via cable to the router that is forwarding this traffic to via WLAN to the OC20 AP and from there to the internet or other devices that are connected to a switch attached to the same switch then the OC20.
    Now my problems, that if I'm connected to the OC20 wifi, I cannot connect to any device that is attached to the router.

But my devices behind the the router can connect to the internet or devices attached to the OC20 AP or at that switch.

Does anybody has an idea around that?

My OfficeConnect site version is 1.2.0

The OfficeConnect app version is 1.5.0.5

I still have the HPE version of that app running

Thanks!!
    KR Chavell3

• 2.  RE: OC20 - WDS features and network traffic forward problems

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2019 03:23 AM

The OC20 is an HPE OfficeConnect product which, though it looks similar, is incompatible with Aruba products. You might try the HPE OfficeConnect support chat if they can answer your questions...

• 3.  RE: OC20 - WDS features and network traffic forward problems

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 08, 2019 05:57 AM

A tentative answer here.

• 4.  RE: OC20 - WDS features and network traffic forward problems

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 10, 2019 05:05 PM

Android App to Manage OC20:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hpe.officeconnect.portal.app&hl=en_IN

OC20 does not support WDS, you would not be able to daisy chain 3rd party AP's with OC20. However, If you happen to plug-in another OC20 to the same LAN network (or the LAN port of router) in which the Master OC20 is plugged in, the new unconfigured OC20 would discover the master and fetch the config, as long as both AP's are in the same VLAN. This however requires a cable to be connected from the secondary OC20 all the way to the router in which Master OC20 is connected.