Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

After Zero downtime live upgrade, I get "Invalid Value" when provisioning an AP

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  After Zero downtime live upgrade, I get "Invalid Value" when provisioning an AP

Posted Jul 18, 2019 05:21 PM
      |   view attached

After Zero downtime live upgrade, I am now getting "Invalid Value" error when provisioning an AP.

At first, I did live upgrade from 8.3.0.4 to 8.3.0.7. This is where I first notice the issue. I upgraded again from 8.3.0.7 to 8.4.0.4 because we had AP515 ordered. I still see the same error.  

invalid value.PNG

• 2.  RE: After Zero downtime live upgrade, I get "Invalid Value" when provisioning an AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2019 07:48 PM
    Does the AP have a space in its name?

• 3.  RE: After Zero downtime live upgrade, I get "Invalid Value" when provisioning an AP
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2019 07:51 PM

It turned out that using another browser or going to incognito mode fixes it. It seems like there are some bits and pieces of cached information on the browser and without clearing cache after a Zero Downtime Live upgrade, you will not be able to provision APs.

• 4.  RE: After Zero downtime live upgrade, I get "Invalid Value" when provisioning an AP

Posted Aug 25, 2021 11:15 AM
    I know this is an old post.  Wondering if there will be a fix for this annoying issue.  It's still present in 8.6.0.7.  I get the error when doing any AP provisioning.

------------------------------
    Dustin Seagren

• 5.  RE: After Zero downtime live upgrade, I get "Invalid Value" when provisioning an AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2021 01:54 PM
    Which issue?  Did you recently upgrade?  Are you trying to provision?  Did you try incognito mode or clearing your browser cache?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 6.  RE: After Zero downtime live upgrade, I get "Invalid Value" when provisioning an AP

Posted Aug 25, 2021 04:32 PM
    Thanks for the follow up .  The "Invalid value" error upon provisioning an AP is what I was referring to.  We did not recently upgrade but I remember having the issue on the previous version as well.  Clearing cache or going into incognito mode does work but it seems to be a bug and you shouldn't have to do that every time to provision an AP.

Dustin Seagren

• 7.  RE: After Zero downtime live upgrade, I get "Invalid Value" when provisioning an AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2021 06:34 PM
    Are you saying that you have to clear the cache or open incognito mode every time you provision an AP?
    You didn't say what version of ArubaOS this is, so I don't know if your problem is the Op who opened this thread's problem from two years ago.
    To have this looked at, I would open a case with Aruba Technical Support so that they can get the specifics of your issue, why it happens and possibly give you a workaround if this is a bug.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 8.  RE: After Zero downtime live upgrade, I get "Invalid Value" when provisioning an AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2021 02:56 AM
    This happens all the time with me using Chrome.  I guess it finds hidden fields and tries to autocomplete with something.  I found an extension called 'Classic Cache Killer'.......let's see how it works.

Michael Clarke (Aruba)

• 9.  RE: After Zero downtime live upgrade, I get "Invalid Value" when provisioning an AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2021 05:22 AM
    If this is not just happening after an upgrade and not happening just once after the upgrade, I agree this feels like a bug.

Please reach out to Aruba support to report this, and have it investigated. I have not seen this.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 10.  RE: After Zero downtime live upgrade, I get "Invalid Value" when provisioning an AP

Posted Dec 13, 2021 09:52 AM
    Did you find a solution? I got a customer with the same issue. Getting an "invalid value" while provisioning an AP. He tries a few times and then it suddenly works;  Customer is in 8.7.1.3, but can't find anything in release notes that would suggest it is a known bug or a resolved issue. If you don't found a solution, I will open a ticket with TAC for this

Thomas

• 11.  RE: After Zero downtime live upgrade, I get "Invalid Value" when provisioning an AP

Posted Dec 14, 2021 10:54 AM
    I never found a solution but didn't get around to opening up a case.  If you do and get a resolution, please post here.  Thanks

Dustin Seagren