Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I am locked out of all access points help!

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I am locked out of all access points help!

Posted Dec 09, 2019 12:13 PM

I was testing some inbound rules on main AP controller. I set in inbound rule of 192.168.1.0 subnet and now I cannot get into the managment login screen for ap controller. is there a way I can get into this ap to undo the change ? 

• 2.  RE: I am locked out of all access points help!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 10, 2019 03:18 AM

If you have physical access to your access points (when running Aruba Instant controllerless) or your controller (when running with a mobility controller), you can use the serial console port to get to the configuration and remove the access list via CLI commands.

• 3.  RE: I am locked out of all access points help!

Posted Dec 10, 2019 10:19 AM

is there any other method ? the APs are 100 feet mounted on the ceiling 

• 4.  RE: I am locked out of all access points help!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 10, 2019 10:27 AM

Are you running Aruba Instant (controllerless)? Or APs connected to a controller?

What is the type of the APs? If they have a built in Bluetooth radio, you can see if the bluetooth console is enabled and you can get access through that way to the console. This procedure requires that you enabled the console.

The access list that you configured is explicitly designed to prevent access over the network to the management of your APs.

If you are running Instant and have an additional AP, you might add that to the cluster. If that worked, you can reboot all other APs to make sure the one you have on your table is virtual controller, then use the serial console on that AP to get in and revert the management ACL. You just need access to an AP that is running the virtual controller, so practically just one of them if you can remotely power-cycle the other APs by pulling the cable or disable PoE.