Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Clearpass blacklist

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Aruba Clearpass blacklist

Posted Mar 08, 2020 03:47 AM

Hi, using the aruba clearpass rest api, I want to take the machine/user I selected and restrict network access. Can you help me?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Clearpass blacklist

Posted Mar 09, 2020 11:53 AM

Hi,

Your question is not very detailed, so we'll have to make assumptions here.

First you'll need to create an API client to make requests. If you're going to be writing data via thew API, give the client RW permissions. I assume you know how a REST API works and you have a tool to send requests (curl, postman, ansible, custom script, whatever...)

Assuming you want to blacklist MAC addresses. What you can do is set a "blacklisted" flag on the desired endpoint.

For this you'll have to send a PATCH request to the uri "/endpoint/mac-address/{endpoint-mac}" with a json payload like '{ "attributes": { "blacklisted": "true" } }'

Then, in your Clearpass service you check for this attribute on the endpoint and deny access id you find it with a true value.

Hope this helps

• 3.  RE: Aruba Clearpass blacklist

Posted Mar 09, 2020 12:42 PM

Does this need to be any policy for the blacklist?Can it work directly?

• 4.  RE: Aruba Clearpass blacklist

Posted Mar 10, 2020 06:06 AM

Yes, you will need to implement the policy through a Service somehow. e.g. by checking the "blacklist" attribute you set via the API.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Clearpass blacklist

• 6.  RE: Aruba Clearpass blacklist

Posted Mar 13, 2020 08:26 AM

up

• 7.  RE: Aruba Clearpass blacklist

Posted Mar 14, 2020 03:04 AM

The XML API you’re referring to is for ArubaOS, not Clearpass.