Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Duplicate Aruba Instant Virtual Controller in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Duplicate Aruba Instant Virtual Controller in Airwave

Posted Apr 13, 2020 11:48 PM

I have a wireless network running Aruba IAPs and Aruba switches. The network has multiple remote sites, each with their own instant virtual controller. The IAPs are monitored and managed by Airwave.

Every now and then the instant virtual controller (VC) changes, I think usually because of a power outage but I don't think it is always the case. When the VC changes, instead of updating in Airwave, a second VC is created with the same IP address and all the same settings. This leaves the original VC as showing as offline. The second VC and APs need to be moved to the correct group for that site.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? And how I can stop it from happening each time the VC role changes to a different IAP?

• 2.  RE: Duplicate Aruba Instant Virtual Controller in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2020 12:35 AM

That sounds weird. Can you give more information..

What version of IAP Software?

What version of AirWave?

Did you set a fixed VC address?

Can you attach a screenshot of this?

• 3.  RE: Duplicate Aruba Instant Virtual Controller in Airwave

Posted Apr 14, 2020 06:30 PM

IAP version - 6.5.4

Airwave version - 8.2.10.1

VC address is fixed

It is not currently happening, so I can't get a screenshot. It only happens every now and then. Only happens to one site at a time but happens to multiple sites, there doesn't seem to be a pattern.