Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

REST API Guest Account - The guest account could not be updated. (Account not found: ID %1)

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  REST API Guest Account - The guest account could not be updated. (Account not found: ID %1)

Posted Apr 30, 2020 10:23 AM

Hello,

I am trying to manage our guests accounts via the REST API.

Creating an account works fine. But as soon as somebody tries to use it via guest portal, he gets the following message:  username and password lookup failed .

The new account is listed in Manage Guest Accounts. When I try to edit any value in the the following error occurs: 

2.png

Another error occurs, when I try to edit the account via multi edit.

3.png

Version: ClearPass Guest 6.6.9.35399

Does anybody know what went wrong ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: REST API Guest Account - The guest account could not be updated. (Account not found: ID %1)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 30, 2020 12:30 PM

What error are you seeing in application.log under Guest module

.Are you creating guest user with or without password using API?

Normally we see this error, if password is not linked to the user account, are you seeing for all users are specific to any user? 

If you are creating user with password but still it failing then issue would be with db ,are you able to manually create guest user? I would recommend to upgrade server to 6.8.x code and check the status, as we have done few enhancement related to Guest DB in this codes.

• 3.  RE: REST API Guest Account - The guest account could not be updated. (Account not found: ID %1)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2020 11:34 AM

Yes, highly likely you are not passing the password.  The API does not auto generate these (by design).  What CPPM version are you on?  Later releases stop you from getting into this situation.

• 4.  RE: REST API Guest Account - The guest account could not be updated. (Account not found: ID %1)

Posted May 04, 2020 02:20 AM

Yep, that was it. As soon as I created the user with a password it worked.

Thank You