Wired

last person joined: an hour ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2530-48G-PoE+ - PoE issues?

• 1.  Aruba 2530-48G-PoE+ - PoE issues?

Posted Nov 28, 2019 11:48 AM

Hi all,

I'm experience a strange behavior with Aruba 2530-48G PoE+ (J9772A), after a power outage some APs didn't get power from PoE.

I have checked the PoE Port status and it was in "Searching".

A couple of hours later the PoE Port status was "Delivering" and the AP is back online without any intervention.

All the cabling was checked a retested and we didn't find any issue. Did some one experienced any situation similar like this?

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2530-48G-PoE+ - PoE issues?

Posted Nov 30, 2019 09:07 PM

What type of devices are connected to the 2530-48G-PoE+ Switch ?

The following are the different "Detection Status":
    Searching: The port is trying to detect a PD connection.
    Delivering: The port is delivering power to a PD.
    Disabled: On the indicated port, either PoE support is disabled or PoE power is enabled but the PoE module does not have enough power available to supply the port's power needs.
    Fault: The switch detects a problem with the connected PD.
    Other Fault: The switch has detected an internal fault that prevents it from supplying power on that port.

Try to check the logs.
    show logging -r -w

Better to log a TAC Case if you are able to reproduce the issue (or) find anything useful in the logs.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2530-48G-PoE+ - PoE issues?

Posted Dec 06, 2019 06:12 AM

Hi Kapildev

Regarding your question we have Ruckus AP H510 connected to the switch. On top of the Ruckus AP we have a IPTV STB

I have checked the logs but didn't find anything suspicius or strange.

Let's see if we are able to reproduce this issue.