Wired

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

PVID Mismatch on 2930 - caused by Aruba AP's

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  PVID Mismatch on 2930 - caused by Aruba AP's

Posted Dec 24, 2019 09:58 AM

I read this topic, because is see the same issue on my network.
    ****************************************************************************
    lldp: ST1-CMDR: PVID mismatch on port 4/47(VID 10)with
    peer device port b0b867-c78ce0(VID unknown)(267838)
    ***************************************************************************888
    I REVIEWED THIS TOPIC ON AIRHEADS.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wired-Intelligent-Edge-Campus/How-To-Stop-PVID-Mismatch-Messages/ta-p/471996

One unanswered question on the topic is:
    ********************************************************************************
    s there an equivalent for telling Access Points not to send their PVID? I am getting this everywhere I have an AP connected because the APs always report their untagged vlan as id 0.
    I have 18 Aruba AP-315's on one switch.

I am wondering if I should configure the switch with an AP profile or if I should follow the advice of the article
    and enter
    no lldp config 24 dot1TlvEnable port-vlan-id

I would manually apply this command 18 times on the switch because I have 18 AP's on this switch,,, plus dozens of other switches.

• 2.  RE: PVID Mismatch on 2930 - caused by Aruba AP's

Posted Dec 27, 2019 04:41 AM

Hi Tom,

You can also look on AP System Profile on MC, there is PVID / LLDP settings too

• 3.  RE: PVID Mismatch on 2930 - caused by Aruba AP's
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 27, 2019 07:53 AM

On the Aruba controller, the AP LLDP profile can be set to not send out the pvid. The syntax is a bit strange. One would expect a ‘no dot1-tlvs port-vlan’ command, but the controller expects to get a ‘dot1-tlvs vlan-name’, which disables the other command option, that is the ‘port-vlan’ option. If that is what it expects, just do it..

ap lldp profile "default"
     dot1-tlvs vlan-name

credits to:

https://abouthpnetworking.com/2016/11/23/device-lldp-pvid-mismatch/