Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

No US country code option

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  No US country code option

Posted Dec 11, 2019 05:13 AM

When trying to reprovision a RAP (RAP-3WN-F1) I was able to get to the GUI, but when logging in it doenst give me a US option for a country code. The CA cert that i need to upload is from the US and doesnt work with any other country code selected. Am i just SOL with this? Or am i missing something? 

• 2.  RE: No US country code option

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2019 07:06 AM

This hardware part is for the ROW (the rest of the world except the US), only so you will not see the US regulatory domain.

• 3.  RE: No US country code option

Posted Dec 11, 2019 07:47 AM

Im afraid im not following. So my issue that im having is that the CA cert that i need to upload to the RAP says that it is in the wrong format because it was cut in the US. I am unable to upload it because there is no US option

• 4.  RE: No US country code option

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2019 07:48 AM

I am misunderstanding.

Do you have a screenshot?

• 5.  RE: No US country code option

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2019 03:50 AM

There is no relation between the regulatory country, which controls valid channels and powers for the WLAN radios, and any information in certificates that you upload.

The country setting in the AP should always be the country that the AP is located in. Ignoring that may place you in a legal risk as you are violating local radio regulations.

For what purpose did you upload a CA cert to your Instant AP (RAP)?

As Colin suggest can you share the error message that you see (and if possible the certificate itself as well) during import?