We have an IAP cluster of 30 Access point (IAP 204, IAP 304, IAP 207).
It globally worked fine until we deployed few new wifi client. We installed in many Photo device Toshiba FlashAir SD Card allowing a Wifi transfert of pictures.
During tests in IT dept everything was ok, the device was connected without problem to the SSID and was really stable. So we moved to production and noticed the folowing behavior :
- The photo device is switch on => it connect to the closest Access point
- The use move to a different location with photo device => it stay connected to same the access point
- When the device is to far from the access point it lost the wifi adn don't try to connect to another access point (the whole site is fully wifi covered)
- If i check in the virtual controlller the photo device is still associated to the first access point connected when it has been switched on.
- If we switch it off and on it can't connect to another access point, we have to wait for the association is cancel by the controller.
- As soon as the association is canceled, we switch it off and on and it connect to the closest AP.
Is there a setup to adjust at ssid / access point level to force this device to move to the closest AP ?
Or a way to quickly cancel the association ?
Thanks in advance
The wifi device determines what access point it should connect and roam to. If this is a consumer device, it is possible that it was programmed by the factory without the expectation of roaming. You can email the manufacturer and see if they have anything to say about it.
Hello an thanks for your reply.
But that will be difficult to contact the manufacturer.
Is there a way to change or adapte the delay when a client is deauthenticate (or unassocieted) on an access point ?
Did the device roam when it was in the IT department?
Don't know there was only one access point in ItDept.
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.