There are consideration for upgrading 8.2.6 to 8.2.10, and 8.2.8 and 8.2.9 to 8.2.10, however I dont' see anything in the installation guide for 8.2.7.
I beleive 8.27 runs on centos 6.9, so should this take the same considerations as 8.2.8, or is there something different about 8.2.7 that it's not included in the installation guide?
If you are upgrading from 8.2.7.x or before, we have to upgrade to 8.2.8.x/8.2.9.x then to 8.2.10
I did exact the same update yesterday at one of my customers.
We had Airwave 18.104.22.168 running on ESXi what is used in managed mode for the instant AP clusters. The update runs seemless!
1. Create a VMware snapshot
2. Create a Backup from Airwave 22.214.171.124 and save it in a save place
3. Upgrade to 126.96.36.199
4. Create a VMware snapshot
5. Create a Backup from Airwave 188.8.131.52 and save it in a save place
6. Upgrade to 184.108.40.206 (it wil still use CentOS6 without issues)
7. Create a Backup from Airwave 220.127.116.11
8. Write down IP settings, dns, gw, etc. i did a export of the certificates and licences keys aswell but wasnt needed afterwards.
8. Turn the server off
9. Do a clean install from 18.104.22.168 OVA template with same IP settings. By re-installing CentOS7 will be installed (our only option).
10. Put your 22.214.171.124 backup back
11. Reboot sytem after completion
12. Your on CentOS7 and Airwave 126.96.36.199, well done!
13. Remove your old server after some days.
All managed devices keep working, licence and certificate where part of the backup restore, so dont need do to that manualy.
Onething! Every version have some "difference" in de update process, the awsftp account, the use of SCP, the /user folder is changed in 188.8.131.52 to some different path /var/ampcli/user. Prepare your self with some SFTP and SCP client/server tools, you will need them ;).
Hopefully this information is usefull for you (and others) and make your upgrade process seemless to!
Thank you for this detailed description. Very helpfull.
Question: how did you export the certificates?
No need for it, its included in the backup.
One extra tip when you have issues to setup an SCP/SFTP server.
Quick install a turnkey linux fileserver based on an .ova vmware template in the same vlan as your airwave server. https://www.turnkeylinux.org/fileserver
Installation time 3 minutes. Therefore no need to tweak down a scp/sftp server on a windows system which need to change the windows firewall, etc.
Off course thereare more ways to Rome, but this is my fastest approach .
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.