Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

CPPM integration with Fortimanager

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  CPPM integration with Fortimanager

Posted Jul 08, 2020 02:38 PM
      |   view attached

Greetings,

Recently I've been playing around with some of the Fortinet integration after having not touched it for several years. Coming back to it I've now had success, but I wasn't a big fan of Fortinet's official documentation on setting it up. Some of the services and items their documentation mentions looked odd, and provided little context as to what they were supposed to do, or the purpose behind them. I decided to take their original document (found here: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/6.2.2/administration-guide/733863) and do a quick update based on my actual configuration, and provide a bit more context onto why things are the way they are.I also noticed a few caveats along the way and attempt to explain the best way to overcome those as well. One common problem I see in the forums is how to send only 1 role to the Fortimanager, so I've addressed that in the doc as well with a solution that worked for me in the lab.

I hope that it is helpful to some of you. Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I should be adding anything else to it.

Thanks! And also a big thanks to the fine people at Aruba and Fortinet for making this integration possible.

Tim Friesen

Daemon Defense

ACDX 887 / ACCX 1175

Attachment(s)