Security

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Enterprise security using ClearPass Policy Management, ClearPass Security Exchange, IntroSpect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass 6.7 Cannot change default-gateway on mgmt port

• 1.  ClearPass 6.7 Cannot change default-gateway on mgmt port

Posted Jun 06, 2020 03:21 PM

Hi Folks,

I am trying to change my default-gateway on the mgmt port from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.116, but when attempting to save I get the following (errors attached) --> Detected duplicate IPv4 address.

I believe that the ip addresses for some reason are tied to the mgmt port and the data port.   I have tried to give the data port an address to see if this would clear it.

I am wondering if I need to correct the vmware, or correct in CP Policy Manager.   

Thank,

Alan

• 2.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 Cannot change default-gateway on mgmt port

Posted Jun 06, 2020 08:46 PM

Does it let you change the mgmt port IP to something like 192.168.1.221 and the new gateway? And then change the IP back to 192.168.1.220 once your gateway change takes?

• 3.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 Cannot change default-gateway on mgmt port

Posted Jun 07, 2020 11:00 AM

Thank Dustin!

Have not tried the first suggestion (thought this might disrupt the licenses as I recall I had to use this when creating the licenses).   It seems to be hung up on the Mac Address which I thinks is already owned by the data port.  Yes, I did try to change it on the cli using the 200 address, but did not take.  Will play with it.  Thanks!

• 4.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 Cannot change default-gateway on mgmt port

Posted Jun 07, 2020 11:54 AM

Hi Dustin!

Changed my ip from 220 to 221 via CLI and my DNS server now recognizes it without issues.   I will keep it at 221.

Thanks for the assist!  

• 5.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 Cannot change default-gateway on mgmt port

Posted Jun 06, 2020 09:01 PM

Questions and suggestion;

What IP addressing do you have for the DATA port?

Why have you circles an IPv6 address in the screen shot, what relevance is this?

Did you try changing the DefGw via the CLI?

• 6.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 Cannot change default-gateway on mgmt port

Posted Jun 07, 2020 11:03 AM

Thanks Danny,

The data port was blank.   I tried to give it its own address and it took, but it still would not allow me to change the gateway to the new one (received same message).

Thanks ....