Security

last person joined: an hour ago 

Enterprise security using ClearPass Policy Management, ClearPass Security Exchange, IntroSpect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

NPS Radius server setup on windows server 2019

• 1.  NPS Radius server setup on windows server 2019

Posted Aug 18, 2020 11:03 AM

I am migrating our servers to Windows 2019 from 2008. I have setup and installed NPS on the new server and followed below howto. This is not working. I see clients connect to the Access points but never pull an ip and see below error.

"The AP cannot authenticate this client using 802.1x because the RADIUS server did not respond to the authentication request. If the AP is using the internal RADIUS server, recommend checking the related configuration as well as the installed certificate and passphrase."

Howto...

https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/115/6113/1/Using+Microsoft+Windows+2008+Server+With+Aruba.pdf

• 2.  RE: NPS Radius server setup on windows server 2019

Posted Aug 18, 2020 11:16 AM

Check the event viewer on the NPS server to see if there are any errors, like if it is rejecting requests from the wrong ip address.

• 3.  RE: NPS Radius server setup on windows server 2019

Posted Aug 18, 2020 11:29 AM

only error i see is this

An Access-Request message was received from RADIUS client 10.25.50.15 with a Message-Authenticator attribute that is not valid.

I think that was due to mistyped shared secrect for that access point in NPS i fixed and now it stopped