Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Could not determine version number of config file.

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Could not determine version number of config file.

Posted Oct 24, 2013 11:35 AM

I've loaded a new config on the controller but everytime I use the command "boot config-file <newstartup-config>" it gives the following message:

Could not determine version number of config file.

Error determining current configuration file version.

I've tried this with other configs on the controller and they all give me the same output except the default.cfg file which the controller takes.

• 2.  RE: Could not determine version number of config file.

Posted Oct 24, 2013 11:41 AM

• 3.  RE: Could not determine version number of config file.

Posted Oct 24, 2013 03:08 PM

Is this still applicable with AOS 3.4.2.2 and 3.4.5.1

• 4.  RE: Could not determine version number of config file.

Posted Oct 24, 2013 03:23 PM

Yes

Product and Software: This article applies to ArubaOS 3.3.1.x or later.

• 5.  RE: Could not determine version number of config file.

Posted Oct 24, 2013 04:00 PM

I miss spoke, I currently have 3.4.2.2 and 3.4.5.1 on partition 0 and 1 respectfully. The problem is after I following the steps in the document, it still seems to pull from the default.cfg even after the " boot config-file <newstartup-config> command. Also when I do a show boot, it show the config file I want but it just does run that config.

Does this solution only apply if you have 3.3.1.x on one of the partitions?

• 6.  RE: Could not determine version number of config file.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2013 08:39 PM

@cdj wrote:

I miss spoke, I currently have 3.4.2.2 and 3.4.5.1 on partition 0 and 1 respectfully. The problem is after I following the steps in the document, it still seems to pull from the default.cfg even after the " boot config-file <newstartup-config> command. Also when I do a show boot, it show the config file I want but it just does run that config.

Does this solution only apply if you have 3.3.1.x on one of the partitions?

The boot config-file parameter is case sensitive.  If you point to a file that does not exist, it will boot from the default.cfg file.  If you also manipulate a configuration file offline, you could also get the error that you mention as well as that result.  To make sure, please open a case with support so that they get to the bottom of your issue.